File1300891881.jpg-(7 KB, 239x159, missing_eye-239x159.jpg)
IMPORTANT: READ ME
Got back from the hospital, and I need to warn any other idiots out there. Keep in mind, I didn't think I was an idiot until I did the stupidest thing in the world.
I bought this stuff, and I don't really have a stove, so I was planning on using a little electric boiler pot I got as a gift. The onsakumaru worked great, but my water would cool down way too fast, and take too long to heat with my electric boiler pot. So, after I just got tired of waiting, I realized that my microwave could do the job a lot faster.
So, I stick in a mug filled with water into my microwave, blast it for 4 minutes, and get ready to open the door and enjoy the fruits of my genius.
For those that don't know, a microwave works by exciting water molecules (and to a lesser degree on fats and sugats). When you microwave water, it receives so much energy so quickly that it becomes "Super-heated."
Super-heated water is water that is hotter than 100C/212F, but has not boiled because it's vapor pressure has not exceeded the ambient pressure. That means that doing anything that disturbs the atmosphere around a mug of superheated water, lets say something like opening a microwave door, causes ALL THE WATER TO BOIL INSTANTANEOUSLY, CAUSING IT TO EXPLODE.