And I'm back! Gentlemen, as someone who statted up a chunk of these, let me explain my reasoning behind the format.
I think WHFB, 7th Edition is the best ruleset to start with for this effort. In days long past, /tg/ Got Shit Done, and we can have those glory days again. But we cannot reclaim our glory in one fell swoop. We must work hard, and gain our fellow /tg/entlemen's trust. To this end, a "mod" of 7th edition seems the best candidate for the following reasons:
1) Many elegan/tg/entlemen know WHFB, and those who are likely know 7th or 8th edition. The differences between the two is small enough to understand.
2) Magic items, the magic phase, and wizards in general can be excised with minimal fuss.
3) Many early 7th WHFB armies can be used as "templates" for ASoIaF armies. I speak here of Empire, Bretonnians, Wood Elves (w/o Forest Spirits) and old Chaos books.
4) 7th edition can be scaled more easily from skirmish-size games to epic battles.
5) Unlike 8th edition, 7th does not favor the BODIES, BODIES EVERYWHERE approach to combat res, leadership, and Stubborn.
6) Many people already possess WHFB or similar scale models that they could use to play this "mod".
7) The Universal Special Rules of both WHFB and 40K allow for simplified rule-writing, without unique, snowflake rules for every character and faction.
8) Skirmishers in 7th edition actually SKIRMISH, not this herp-derp face-front of 8th Edition.
9) And last but not least, I know WHFB best. :P